Sunday, January 15, 2017

Here we go Steelers!

I'm so excited that the Pittsburgh Steelers are in the playoffs! Those who know me, know that I've always been a Steelers fan (especially growing up in PA and going to college in Pittsburgh). Fingers crossed that we'll go to the Superbowl again this year!

I've been meaning to make something Steelers themed but didn't want to make a typical beanie. I adapted Whistle and Ivy's Puppy Love hat pattern to make a black and gold hat.

Basically I followed the pattern up till row 7. Instead of doing a third and fourth row of hearts, I did DC all around for 4 additional rows. Then I went back to the original pattern and did rows 14-16. Side note - I did add a few extra rows to my ribbed band as I crochet pretty tightly. I also got a chance to try out the pom pom maker I got for Christmas (I loved it of course... I plan to make fun, multi-colored pom poms with all my scrap yarn).

Hope you like the hat! Go Steelers! And a big thank you to Whistle and Ivy for the awesome pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment